Friday 23 November 2012

Happy Birthday Lynne

It's my lovely SIL's birthday tomorrow and I thought I'd show you the card I made her.  She doesn't usually read my blog so I should be safe posting this a day early.


The idea was inspired by this card from JJ Bolton at Ribbon Girls a few months ago.  I've been wanting to try it for ages. 

I cheated and used a simpler method than JJ, first stamp and colour your image, then die cut the letters out of it, die cut some plain white letters and build up the thickness of the diecuts by gluing the white letters underneath each one, then stick them back on again into the apertures, having previously mounted the main image onto a base card (otherwise your letters fall through!).

I hope you like it, I might try some Christmas cards using this technique, it would be a good way to use some of those large collage-type images that I have.

Have a lovely inky weekend.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting, I really appreciate your feedback.